[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] About the gettimeofday syscall problem.

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Dec 19 13:57:26 CET 2019

Hello to both,

> Am 19.12.2019 um 13:39 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> Hello again!
>
> On Thursday 19. December 2019 17.24.31 Zhou Yanjie wrote:
>> Sorry, forgot to add my new mailbox.
>
> I've used both of your addresses in this message, but we can switch over
> completely to the new one whenever you tell us to.
>
>> On 2019年12月19日 17:22, Zhou Yanjie wrote:
>>> Hi Paul and Nikolaus,
>>>
>>> A friend working at MIPS China is also very interested in the
>>> openpvrsgx project. I have added him to cc.
>>> Now he wants to ask you if
>>> "https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx" already can
>>> run on ci20?
>
> Nikolaus knows more about the GPU stuff,

Well, I can compile the v5.4 pvrsrvkm and load it but then the kernel panics.

Most likely clocks or something else are not properly initialized and
there could also be a problem with address translation. Or there may also
be a bug in the device tree entry.

I just had too much trouble running the latest kernels on CI20 so that
I could not research for GPU issues.

> but currently the HDMI and DRM
> peripherals are not producing output, although I think they do get initialised
> correctly.

Working HDMI and DRM is needed to make the pvrsrvctl and demo programs
work. At least on OMAP they just complain that there is no display and
refuse to work. So you don't know if it could work at all.

Unfortunately I did not find time to pick up this work and try to make it
work.

Generally we have an openpvrsgx mailing list which also is for jz4780/CI20.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus