[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] old am3517 version

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu Dec 19 15:54:53 CET 2019

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [191219 06:57]:
> > Am 18.12.2019 um 22:14 schrieb Jeroen Hofstee <jeroen at myspectrum.nl>:
> > I will have a look why, but perhaps this rings a bell?
>
> I remember having seen similar messages which indicate incompatible ioctl() parameters.
>
> One thing makes me wonder: you use pvrsrvctl.
> AFAIR, the Graphics_SDK_4_09_00_01 is 'old style' and there was a different command (pvrsrvinit) to launch it?

Yes the older ones need to use pvrsrvinit as the command numbering has
changed. There's still a slight change we can make older sdks work by
rewriting the commands, but also the command sequences have changed based
on my experiments few weeks ago. And we have droid4 with sgx540 working
with an older SDK patched up suing pvrsrvinit.

The thing to try with am3517 is to try to blobs that work for omap36xx
and am437x, and see if the sgx530 revision specific hardware echanges
are limited to the kernel driver only. You could try this on any of
omap34xx/omap35xx/am3517.. I guess Nikolaus already did some tests with
omap35xx version of gta04 though?

In both rewriting commands and trying to use different version code, we
may have a tricky problem if the hardware changes also affect the binary
blobs.

Regards,

Tony