[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] two pvr devices created for omap4

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu Nov 7 02:23:04 CET 2019

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [191101 08:59]:
> > Am 01.11.2019 um 01:05 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
> > We may be able to have just a minimal quirk handling for
> > pvr-omap4, let's see.
>
> Ok, if that is possible, it is probably the right way to
> go for now.

Supporting earlier userspace requires at least command
table to remap the renumbered commands. I did some initial
tests on that, but did not get sgx initialized yet.

> > Anyways, I'll rewrite the module
> > init stuff for pvr_probe and pvr_remove and get rid of
> > all the plugin ifdefs all over the place.
>
> Ok! I had planned dot automate this by some scripts but
> writing those and debugging may need more time than
> manually deleting lines...

I actually ended up writing a new pvr-drv.c file, will
post it shortly. So it should stay separate from whatever
you do with scripts hopefully. I added:

pvr-drv.c
pvr-drv.h

> > And I'll add
> > basic quirk handling depending on the dts compatible.

Added that too :)

For supporting multiple different register layouts in
the same driver, we should probably just add:

pvr-sgx530.c
pvr-sgx540.c
pvr-sgx544.c

Where the right one gets initialized based on the compatible.

Regards,

Tony