[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] Status & HW to bring

Merlijn Wajer merlijn at wizzup.org
Sat Nov 9 10:11:25 CET 2019

Hi,

I'm going on a 5+ week work trip, but will have plenty of time outside
of work, so I'd like to bring some SGX hardware.

My question is, apart from a Motorola Droid 4 and a Nokia N900, what
would make sense to bring? I have a Pandaboard ES and a Beaglebone Black
(those also have SGX). I probably don't want to bring both, as I'll also
be bringing other hardware with me... (Maybe just the phones make sense,
since they have a display built in)

The other question from me -- I've been reading all of the discussion,
but haven't been diving into the kernel side of it too much, what is the
current status and plan? The ultimate goal is a driver that works with X
(and maybe Wayland), I assume. And there are a few devices where HNS has
a working (and rendered) demo on the screen? (Right?)

Does it make sense to write-out the plan, what components would be used?

(e.g. updated kernel, compatible userspace, X11 modesetting driver, and
dri3wsegl?)

And as someone who generally prefers userspace to kernel hacking, what
would be the best way to help out? I'm also fine offering advice for the
next few weeks until kernel space is more in shape and we're more ready
to focus on some compatible userspace.

For me the 'short term' ultimate goal is probably getting 3D to start
working on the Droid 4, using mainline + patches. Then I can try to play
with dri3wsegl, and see if hildon-desktop from Maemo Leste can run on
the Droid 4, and we'd have a nice phone to target for years to come.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Merlijn