[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] Status & HW to bring

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Sat Nov 9 17:42:14 CET 2019

Hi,

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [191109 13:17]:
> 5. reshape the driver to be able to submit it into drivers/staging/pvr mainline

According to Sebastian this is unlikely to happen though, so
adding Sebastian to Cc.

See also the docs for "DRM Open-Source Userspace Requirements":

https://dri.freedesktop.org/docs/drm/gpu/drm-uapi.html

AFAIK the pvr-drv driver needs to go directly to drivers/gpu/drm/pvr
instead.

Sebastian, care to clarify what you have picked up on this
recently?

Basically what I understand is that at this point we just need
to make the current drivers/staging/pvr/pvr-drv.[ch] and related
rewritten components into a standalone 2d accelerated driver for
drivers/gpu/drm/pvr :)

Regards,

Tony