[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] how to run gles2test1

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Sat Nov 16 02:46:46 CET 2019

Hi,

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [191115 14:31]:
> Hi,
> so far I have only used gles1test1 but now gound out how to run the gles2test1 (on OMAP5/Pyra):
>
> It just did tell me:
>
> root at letux:~# gles2test1 100
> --------------------- started ---------------------
> [   42.561320] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(0) busy when trying to configure it!
> [   42.568784] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(1) busy when trying to configure it!
> [   42.576324] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(2) busy when trying to configure it!
> [   42.584949] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(3) busy when trying to configure it!
> [   42.767103] dmtimer posted=0
> Error: Failed to open shader file 'glsltest1_vertshader.txt'!
> [   42.896790] dmtimer posted=0
> --------------------- finished ---------------------

Hmm have not seen that one.. But then again, I only just got
droid4 working. Still no luck with the other boards :)

For omap4, we need to use the old pvr-omap4-dkms kernel module
built for for droid4 after backporting some of your patches
from linux_openpvrsgx and fixing up the custom ioctl proxying
stuff.

But yeah for the droid4 demos, xgles1test1, xgles2test1, and
xmultiegltest all do work now. And so does es2gears started
with a LD_PRELOAD wrapper. So there might be a regression
in the linux_openpvrsgx somewhere?

FYI, it's here in testing-v5.4 branch with a README_DROID4:

https://github.com/tmlind/pvr-omap4-dkms/tree/testing-v5.4

I'll try to slowly make it work next with linux_openpvrsgx
pvr-drv by adding a command translation layer.

Regards,

Tony