[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] how to run gles2test1

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Nov 16 18:21:28 CET 2019

Hi Tony,

> Am 16.11.2019 um 17:37 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
>
> * H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [191116 08:21]:
>> Just a note for the archives:
>>
>>> Am 16.11.2019 um 08:51 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>>
>>> I have looked into the testing-v5.4 tree and it is based on
>>> DDK 1.9.2253347 which we also have in the linux_openpvrsgx tree.
>
> OK. I guess that's the same tree pyra was using with the
> tiler patches on top?

Tiler is independent. It works with or without.
I should dig out the omap5evm and connect a HDMI monitor...

Anyways, I run all my tests with DDK1.14.3699939.

What I mean with the DDK 1.9.2253347 is that it is the "omap5"
subdirectory that was in our earlier versions. I have just
renamed it to letux/pvr-srvkm-1.9.2253347:

https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx/tree/letux/pvrsrvkm-1.9.2253347

It should be the same basis as the sgx tree you have based your testing-v5.4
tree on (except different file paths).

So it should be possible to port your testing-v5.4 to the
pvrsrvkm-1.9.2253347 tree and tweak the Makefiles a little
so that we can use the linux_openpvrsgx tree as well.

>> This may be valuable information when comparing different
>> DDK releases (to find out changes in dispatch tables or
>> features) and bringing them into a sequence.
>
> OK. And eventually we have that in the new pvr-drv.c
> struct pvr_capabilities if some earlier version is
> needed for some SoC.

Yes, that would be good.

> I'm believe/hope that with the command translation
> we can just use the latest version for all of them.

I cross fingers that it works. We also may have to "translate"
the SGX version information since some user-space variants appear
to check which DDK version the kernel driver was built with.

At least I remember messages when trying the DDK1.10 user-space
with DDK1.14 kernel module.

BR,
Nikolaus