[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] trying to get SGX 1.14 running on DM3730 (SGX530)

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 21:26:07 CET 2019

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 2:22 PM H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> > Am 23.11.2019 um 20:29 schrieb Adam Ford <aford173 at gmail.com>:
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 11:59 AM H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> It looks as if we really need someone from TI to build a version of the DDK1.14 UM (or newer) binaries for sgx530-121. Or we are stuck with an older DDK (1.9 or 1.10).
> >
> > I will try the 1.10 on the am3517 and see what happens.  I've been
> > watching Premier League, so I' was distracted this morning.  :-)
>
> :)
>

> > I switched to the DM3730, and got the folllowing:
> >
> > [ 3136.898773] PVR_K: UM DDK-(3699939) and KM DDK-(3699939) match. [ OK ]
> > # gles1test1
> > [ 3170.919189] PVR_K:(Error): DoMapToUser: Error - vmf_insert_mixed failed (100)
> > PVR:(Error): PVRPMapKMem: mmap(2) failed: Mapping handle=0xf: ��Ѿ
> > [0, ]
> > #
>
> I have also seen this and on am335x.
> Fortunately it usually doesn't seem to stop operation.
> My omap5 setup doesn't show it.
>
> So I have no idea yet where it is really coming from.
>

> > My log wasn't nearly as chatty as yours was,
>
> I had added some printk to the driver and libdrm.
>
> > I wasn't sure if I was
> > missing something else.
> >
> > Is this the error that  I need to switch the libdrm to  return a
> > different name?
>
> No, it is an independent problem I want to analyse next, if I find more time.
> It seems to be a problem with something changed between v4.19 and v5.4.
>
> The libdrm or ti43xx thing is just to make the /dev/dri/card found that returns
> name=omapdrm as the get version ioctl.
>
> >  If so, do you have patches to libdrm you can share?
>
> I have some (quick and dirty instructions):
>
> http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/openpvrsgx-devgroup/2019-November/000109.html
>
> (scroll down to "Full instructions what I did to make it work:")

Thanks!

I was digging through buildroot which is what I use for generating my
toolchain and my rootfs.  In there, they link to some ti SGX demos,
and I came across this repo and patch.

https://git.ti.com/cgit/graphics/img-pvr-sdk/tree/patch/0001-Adding-DRM-build-support-to-PVR-Demos.patch

I was curious to see if you've seen it before and if it could somehow
be associated to helping the PVR stuff play better with the drm.

That repo also has few different demos in there, but I need to hack my
dm3730 to get the basic GL tests working first, then I'll try to move
on to more complicated demos.

adam