[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] trying to get SGX 1.14 running on DM3730 (SGX530)

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 23:00:14 CET 2019

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:23 PM H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> > Am 23.11.2019 um 21:26 schrieb Adam Ford <aford173 at gmail.com>:
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > I was digging through buildroot which is what I use for generating my
> > toolchain and my rootfs.  In there, they link to some ti SGX demos,
> > and I came across this repo and patch.
> >
> > https://git.ti.com/cgit/graphics/img-pvr-sdk/tree/patch/0001-Adding-DRM-build-support-to-PVR-Demos.patch
> >
> > I was curious to see if you've seen it before and if it could somehow
>
> not yet. It seems to be some user-space app making use of a working drm based setup
> allowing to choose commands by keyboard.
>
> Maybe it is related to the
>
> https://www.imgtec.com/developers/powervr-sdk-tools/installers/
>
> Seems they differentiate between
> * SDK - for apps
> * DDK-UM - for libs
> * DDK-KM - for kernel
>
> > be associated to helping the PVR stuff play better with the drm.
> >
> > That repo also has few different demos in there, but I need to hack my
> > dm3730 to get the basic GL tests working first, then I'll try to move
> > on to more complicated demos.
>
> Yes that all seems to be about the next higher layer.
>
> Let me try to define layers (well we really should start to fill the project Wiki)

If there is stuff you want me to contribute to it, please let me know.
I have some ideas (see below)

> 5. demos and applications
> 4. libsrv_um and others (reads /etc/powervr.ini and /proc/cmdline and others)
> 3. libdrm and others

With the libdrm change/hack to pointing to tilcdc instead of omapdrm,
would that somehow impact the drm driver we're using if/when we try to
try mesa demos or something even more advanced?

I hate to be a pest, and I realize that I'm using a different setup
than Ubuntu, but I'm hoping that once it's done, I can also share my
buildroot config file with people and/or push it upstream to
facilitate others.
I could also post my stuff on the Wiki if desired.

Unfortunately, I feel like I took a step backwards after applying the
libdrm hack.

The pvr driver still loads, but I get different errors when I attempt
to run the gles1test1

# gles1test1
gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/dri)
gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/pvr_dri.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
failed to load driver: pvr

I tried looking for the pvr_dri.so library in the repo that I pulled
in order to  install the binary blobs, but I didn't see them there.

I am going to try and use the pvr trace too to see if/what it shows if
I can figure out how to get it running.

adam