[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] PowerVR DDK 1.17

Ivaylo Dimitrov ivo.g.dimitrov.75 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:24:17 CEST 2021

Hi,

long time no see, but it was time well spent, IMO:

https://github.com/freemangordon/mesa/tree/mesa-pvr-ti

What you can find here is mesa that has pvr dri driver that *exactly*
matches the one that comes with DDK 1.17 blobs. It is based on your
work, that in turn is based on chromeos mesa.

What I did was to RE the blob (don't tell anyone, but it comes with
DWARF debug info :) ), so I was able to exactly match the various functions.

So far there are no known bugs.

And the most important thing - it has xorg support. On n900, with Xorg
running, glmark-es2 --fullscreen hits score of 25 (on slightly fixed
glamor or on glamor replacement I wrote, which I am still not decided if
it makes sense to share the code of). glmark-es2-drm hits 37 on
n900(vsync limited).

I (think that) I also fixed the segfault when WL was trying to use
dma_buf_with_modifiers stuff.

Unfortunately, even on motorola droid4 (sgx540-120) modesetting is very
slow on rotated display (it does SW rotation), so we still don't have
performant xorg driver for SGX, but I am on it and hopefully we will
have something soon or later. Help appreciated :)

Regards,
Ivo